We are partnering with a leading consultancy firm who are currently seeking a Customs Duty Manager to join their organisation based in Peterborough.
The purpose of the Customs Duty Manager is to deliver a comprehensive range of customs and excise duty services, as well as business advice, to a wide range of clients, ranging from tiny, rapidly growing businesses to major corporations.
- Provide technical guidance, referral development, customs and international trade focused marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for establishing business possibilities, all while ensuring that our clients' needs are addressed.
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as selling opportunities, to the Director/Partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Ensure all Customs declarations, clearances and processes are completed within a timely manner to avoid delays to international Cargo for both Exports & Imports.
- Support and advise customers on all international import & export requirements.
- Lead with the implementation of new operational processes in-line with the development of international services and products.
- Provide recommendations and implement Customs processes and simplifications.
- Carryout regular internal audit and check to ensure entries are completed correctly by entry clerks.
- Liaise with and maintain an excellent working relationship with HMRC on Customs matters and enquiries.
- Overall checks on processing of monthly (e.g., CFSP/FSD) /quarterly returns (e.g.,IPR, etc.).
- Liaising with customers to resolve any queries and advising on operational customs matters regularly.
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation.
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in consultancy or advisory services (would be advantageous)
- Experience in a variety of fields would be beneficial, such as Freight Forwarding, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing, Retail etc.
- Broad knowledge of expertise in customs and excise duty topics, as well as the ability to evaluate and apply the impact of these regimes on international trade and supply chains.
- Exceptional ability to manage, support staff members, listen to any problems / grievances they may, and to deal with issues in the most effective manner whilst maintaining harmony within the working environment
- Minimum 3 years’ knowledge of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- 33 days of annual leave, including bank holidays (31 for students with study packages and 38 for partners)
- Day off for your birthday
- Incentive Program for Leads (applicable to up to and including Associate Director level)
- For assisting in expanding our new client portfolio, we provide attractive financial incentives
- One professional subscription is reimbursed each year
- Private Medical Insurance (applicable to Directors and Partners)
- Enhanced Parental + Family Leave
- Flexible Working
- 4-times-salary life insurance
- Bonus for Employee Referrals
- Portal for Employee Benefits
- 24/7 GP access,