A leading global manufacturer is looking for a facilities administrator to join their team on a part time basis in the Cambridge office.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Estates & SHE teams in order to ensure that we deliver the necessary levels of customer service. The job will require close collaboration with contractors, including day-to-day supervision while they are on the job site.
- Offer ongoing assistance to the Facilities team and the SHE Advisor.
- Contractor management - check paperwork to make sure RAMS are acceptable, create work permits, and follow up once work is finished to make sure the area is left in a safe condition.
- Conduct contractor and work permit audits to make sure compliance.
- When necessary, assist in locating potential replacements for the current contractors.
- Improvement initiatives - Develop new online learning courses as needed. Check current courses to make sure the material is still relevant.
- Conduct workplace inspections, internal audits, COSHH evaluations, and risk assessments.
- Encourage continued ISO45001 certification
- Carry out any additional responsibilities that the Head of Facilities & UK SHE manager assigns.
- Keep an asset life register for estates.
- Ideally a background knowledge of Facilities and Health and Safety Management.
- Interpersonal and organisational skills, effective communication as well as collaborative and supportive approach will help you to be successful in the role.
- Previous experience of contractor management & SHE in the workplace is beneficial but not essential as the training will be provided.
- Knowledge of DSEAR, COSHH and risk assessment would be an advantage.