Alchemy is looking for a Production Support Analyst to join a global trading solutions team based in Zurich, Switzerland. This is an excellent opportunity to further a career in technology through a challenging role responsible for supporting mission-critical software.
Our client is looking for people who have technical problem solving and investigative skills plus strong communication and user facing skills.
You will be responsible for providing day-to-day technical support on a wide array of software applications used across the business. Your role encompasses working on incidents and complications as well as providing support to the team’s delivery to clients and technical stakeholders.
- Explore current issues in order to deliver the business with solutions to minimize business impact and especially external client impact.
- Align with other IT teams to resolve complex issues across systems owned by different divisions.
- Develop and maintain positive connections with key partners, particularly with the business users and application development teams to offer a point of contact for IT issues.
- Lead key incident resolution to ensure that occurrences which may have an adverse impact are appropriately resolved.
- Drive advancements across software applications including monitoring and automation.
- Responsibility for root cause analysis to ensure issues are permanently fixed in order to improve the quality of our platform and the user/client experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong communication skills in English, German would be highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Experience in technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Experience in UNIX & Windows operating systems such as handling files, searching logs, checking processes.
- Solid experience in querying relational databases.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python, PowerShell) and/or higher programming languages (C#, Java)