Back to Job Search
Alchemy are currently partnering with a global technology firm who are looking to recruit a Technical Manager to be based onsite in Cincinnati.
- Lead component development activities within New Product Development projects.
- Deep understanding of metal components and sub-assemblies’ development, manufacturing methods used for small metal component and/or sub-assembly manufacturing (laser cutting, conventional metal cutting (conventional CNC, mill turn), Electro chemical, Wire EDM, coating (powder, ED coat), Metal injection molding, welding, mechanical joining, fine blanking, joining sintering, heat treatment and others) and qualification activities related to the above manufacturing process.
- Gauge/ Test Fixture equipment development.
- Understand Measurement Systems analysis and understanding of establishing calibration requirements.
- Work with suppliers to provide metal, plastic components and sub-assemblies that meet established cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Work with suppliers on process development/qualification activities related to assembly equipment / fixtures / processes (IQ, OQ, PQ) and monitor the execution through launch.
- Work with suppliers on process development/qualification activities related to component assemblies/subassemblies, battery pack, motors and gearbox assemblies, cable and switch assemblies.
- Understand and conduct Design of Experiments, Process Stability / Control / Capability methods, etc. for process characterizations/mfg./equipment development.
- Ability to choose the best mfg. processes for the component utilizing DFM/A and RFQ processes, leading to highest quality with lowest cost.
- Expertise in GD&T (ASME Y14.5) and drawing interpretation to challenge and direct effective communication to enable robust manufacturing and CTQ (Critical to Quality) parameters.
- Effective communication with suppliers on design requirements and process capability needs.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Analyze results and make informed recommendations on the best practice for manufacturing while setting expectation to selected suppliers.
- Experience in medical device manufacturing requirements for product or process change management is preferred. Ability to document and maintain process development and quality documentation per medical industry standard.
- Development and Application of gauging techniques and subsequent Measurement Systems Analyses (G&RR).
- Support and develop generation of all documentation & specifications for process & equipment including drawings, process specifications, PS & OM sheets, routers, IPQA specifications & troubleshooting guide.