The ideal candidate will have a strong background in labour and employment law, as well as experience in litigation and trial work.
- Represent clients in employment disputes and Accessibility, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour claims
- Prepare and draft legal briefs, motions, and other documents
- Work closely with partners and other team members to develop and implement case strategy
- Conduct legal research and analysis to support cases and advise clients
- Participate in depositions, hearings, and trials
- Maintain strong client relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Stay current on developments in labour and employment law and regulations
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- 3+ years of relevant legal experience. (general employment litigation experience, including knowledge of federal and state employment laws)
- An interest in accessibility and disability accommodation laws/regulations
- Knowledge of public accommodation accessibility issues (for both brick and mortar/digital entities)
- Experience with litigations, regulatory (DOJ) investigations, advocacy group interactions, and work involving compliance counselling, policies
- Experience with accessibility auditing and/or managing outside auditors
- Admission to practice law in New York (state and federal courts) is mandatory
- Strong academic credentials, and have excellent communication and writing skills
Salary - $205,000 - $290,000 subject to a number of determining factors.
In addition to the base salary and generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.
If you are a motivated and experienced litigator with a passion for labour and employment law, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!