We are partnering with a well-established Freight and Logistics company are looking to appoint an Air Freight Coordinator to join their friendly team based in Kent.
The main purpose of this role is to plan and manage international Air Freight operations within the time constraints applied by the customer reporting to the Operations Manager.
- Arrange Air freight and Air charter shipments.
- Communicating with Airlines and personnel to coordinate bookings.
- Liaise with international carriers to agree on transport costs.
- Assist with freight negotiations and quotations.
- Monitor the progression of Air shipments and advise clients of progress.
- Ensure freight management system is kept updated.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients and customers.
- Practical understanding of Air Freight handling and related laws
- Prior knowledge of European road freight is desirable.
- Experience with freight negotiations
- Understanding customs is advantageous.
- Experience in time-sensitive logistics is preferred.