- Support the Gallery with all bookkeeping duties, as well as business administration.
- Oversee and keep track of receivables and payables. Send payables and receivables documents to accounts for review bi-weekly.
- Oversee the company’s bank accounts and make payments.
- Send any necessary details regarding payment and billing schedules and terms whilst submitting purchase orders to vendors.
- Manage client invoices and classifications, save payment documents and checks and all other relevant information in Quickbooks for and from vendors and clients.
- Use internal systems to organise all legal and financial documents.
- Reduce the companies’ expenses, liaise with banks, providers and vendors to increase revenue.
- Provide annual business reporting on profit and loss.
- Work alongside the Accountant regarding payroll.
- Track employee perks such as health insurance and paid time off.
- Ensure loss prevention, inventory, and cash management strategies.
- Regularly discuss retail, trade and wholesale pricing with senior management.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- Previous experience in a similar Bookkeeping/ Accounting role is required.
- Knowledge of business operations and administration.
- A background or interest in the art industry is hugely beneficial.
- Computer literate and confident using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge and experience using QuickBooks is essential.