The successful candidate will work with the management team to develop initiatives to grow the business, as well as to develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality of service, and efficiency of operations.
- Operational Leadership: Oversee and manage all aspects of branch operations, including sales and finance.
- Business Development: Collaborate closely with international Freight offices and partners to drive business expansion.
- Compliance: Develop and maintain robust processes and documentation to ensure compliance with U.S. and international customs agencies, laws, and regulations.
- Performance Management: Establish and monitor internal and external Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to consistently enhance staff performance across departments.
- Issue Resolution: Investigate the root causes of problems and lead corrective actions in response to customer complaints or service-level queries.
- Supplier Relations: Work in tandem with the team to optimize supplier performance, purchasing costs, credit terms, and overall branch profitability.
- Financial Accountability: Assume budgeting and Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for the branch.
- Proven experience in managing import/export compliance, ocean & air freight carriers, consolidators, and domestic transportation carriers, with demonstrated proficiency in dealing with local and national industry/regulatory boards.
- Track record of setting up and managing third-party warehouse providers.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership acumen, showcasing readiness to lead a branch.
- Solid business acumen and analytical mindset, with the ability to comprehend financial models and make strategic decisions for the overall business.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, Logistics, or related discipline (preferred but not essential).
- Licensed Customs Broker (preferred but not essential).
- Creative, flexible, and collaborative problem-solving approach.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of the local team while integrating into a larger privately owned company with a global network of offices across Europe, Middle East, and Far East.