- Represent clients in labour and employment disputes, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour claims
- Conduct legal research and analysis to support cases and advise clients
- Prepare and draft legal briefs, motions, and other documents
- Participate in depositions, hearings, and trials
- Work closely with partners and other team members to develop and implement case strategy
- Maintain strong client relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Stay current on developments in labour and employment law and regulations
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- 5+ years of experience in labour and employment litigation (e.g. wage and hour, trade secret law, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADEA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA
- Experience handling aspects of litigation with minimal aid, (eg.) interviewing witnesses, reviewing electronically stored documents, drafting pleadings and various motions and briefs, conducting and defending depositions, interacting with clients and opposing counsel, and attending court appearances
- Experience providing advice and counsel on workplace law issues, including wage and hour, employee relations, mitigation of risk, ADA and other workplace accommodation, employment agreements reductions in-force, and employment related policies is also beneficial
- Traditional labor experience is also highly beneficial
- Admitted to practice in Connecticut and New York
- Strong academic credentials and excellent communication and writing skills
They offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth within the firm.
If you are a motivated and experienced litigator with a passion for labour and employment law, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.