In this position a successful applicant will be responsible for assisting with the daily management of all European road transport operations.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate import and export processes for road freight from start to finish, dealing with fine art and antiques
- Daily logistical preparation and management of UK and European transport routes, considering both profitability and cost efficiency
- Managing all EU road courier shipments and ensure and manage customs clearance.
- Schedule all transportation and correctly produce operational reports and detailed records of drivers and trucks.
- Manage various relevant paperwork including condition reports, bills of lading, timesheets and more
- Cost analysis of jobs and truck runs
- Liaising between both clients and suppliers and solve disputes and difficulties.
- Carry out administrative duties when required, ensuring timely invoicing and other transport documentation.
- Daily evaluation of client needs with consistent communication, keeping them informed of the shipping process
- Overseeing and organising customer collections, deliveries, packing needs and quotes
- Working alongside other members of staff and customers to coordinate drivers, agency drivers, vehicles, timings and routes
- Overseeing European airfreight
- Previous experience working within the Transport Industry in a similar role is required. Fine Art Transport experience is beneficial.
- Comfortable building and maintaining relationships with professionals with colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of EU transport regulations and customs.
- Excellent communication skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office based software is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
If this role sounds like the next step for you, please submit your CV or reach out to Alchemy for further information.