As an Executive Sales Manager you will combine inside sales, account management, supply chain planning and operational activities to meet the shipping needs of our customers. Relationships with your carriers will help grow their business and your career.
- Build and grow a profitable book of business
- Negotiating rates with customers and carriers depending on the market
- Determine market costs to submit bids/rates to customers, in order to obtain freight & continue to grow.
- Ongoing and annual assessments of team member’s performance and appropriate discipline or reward accordingly.
- Thorough understanding of various Operations software, in order to implement & oversee that load are being covered as efficiently and quickly as possible.
- Mediate and make final decisions between Ops employees and carriers when there are discrepancies in resolving shipment issues.
- Accept/reject freight from customers, based on current capacity and rates.
- Working closely with customers, shipment operators, steamship lines and agents
- Can persuade, motivate, influence and negotiate with others
- Thrive under deadlines, drive results, multi-task and work with a sense of urgency
- Are detail oriented with strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- In-depth knowledge of the transportation industry, including both the carrier and brokerage departments.
- Ability to leverage outbound lead campaigns effectively to qualify potential sales prospects.
- Empathetic to customer needs with the ability to translate those needs into solutions that deliver value.
- 2+ years of Industry experience and inside sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable but not essential)