Alchemy is working with a market-leading organization in Los Angeles. They are seeking a Facilities Maintenance Manager to join their fast-paced and dynamic team.
This person will be working closely with the Director of Facilities and will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of the facility to a high standard with the occasional travel to other West Coast locations.
- Alongside the Director of Facilities and Engineering you will ensure that all the facility equipment is complying with the manufacture standards in a time-sensitive manner.
- As required, fix broken equipment such as HVAC dock levels, handling equipment, doors, rooftop units, etc
- Present as the primary point of contact for third-party vendors and assorted contractors.
- Assist with scheduling third parties to ensure the company is adhering to the service contract requirements
- Communicate with the wider company business regarding any facilities that relate to work schedules.
- Assist clients with a variety of requests in a time-sensitive manner.
- Assist in producing estimates and proposals for multiple external parties.
- Organize all department files related to the site that are kept up to date.
- Keep track of the supplies and equipment needed to maintain the structure in accordance with the facility’s budget.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders and vendors regarding the completion of any work orders.
- Confidently work alongside management to solve and repair facility-related problems when required.
- Provide support for all facility-related requests for internal and external events that take place on-site.
- Implementing and drafting various processes and procedures to ensure a safe and efficient facility.
- Provide semi-annual feedback and completion of annual performance reviews for all direct reports and relevant team members.
- Promote a positive and engaging work environment by mentoring, coaching and motivating team members and direct reports.
- Work to a high standard within a team environment across various departments.
- Demonstrate outstanding written and verbal communication with the ability to provide clear and accurate details regarding the building.
- Ability to multitask and the ability to make quick decisions.
- Show flexibility when working, this may include nights and weekends alongside being on call.
- Be able to stand, kneel, bend, crouch, twist, and reach overhead.
- Capacity to work in all types of weather.
- Confidently be able to push a pull 150 pounds on a dolly cart, 50 pounds without aid, carry 40 pounds in a variety of shapes and sizes up to 90 feet.
- Operate a forklift safely and confidently.
- Show knowledge and familiarity when using hand trucks, pallet jacks, jbars, dollies and various other warehouse equipment.
- Certificates for fire watch, sprinkler standpipe and fire pump are preferred.
- Experience working with a Building Management System, Fire Alarm and Security system is preferable.
- Working nights and weekends occasionally is required flexibility is preferable.