Our client is open to considering applications from candidates with a background in Removals or Transportation, as they will provide training.
- Maintain your vehicle to a suitable and legal standard, ensuring that daily driver checks are completed, and any issues flagged as per regulations.
- Transporting, packing and unpacking objects correctly and safely.
- Adhere to all company policies and Health and Safety procedures.
- Carrying, loading and unloading artwork, antiques and other arts-related high-value objects.
- Fill in all required paperwork using the company’s internal systems.
- Ensure the safety and security of the goods is always monitored.
- Ensure you conduct yourself in a professional manner when visitors and clients are present.
- A valid HGV Class 2 Licence is required.
- Knowledge of UK and European driving rules and regulations, including tachographs and driving time.
- Proficient in all aspects of loading and unloading vehicles, securing loads and skilful in making collections and deliveries.
- Previous experience working in a similar role for an Art Shipping company, Gallery or Museum is desirable but not required, as training will be provided. Removals or a Transportation background would also be relevant.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritise workload.
- Proficient in all aspects of handling, packing & transporting fine art objects.
- Knowledge of all elements relating to the warehouse and transport environment.