Our client a moving specialist based in San Francisco, CA is seeking an experienced moving General Manager to join their team.
- Oversee and coordinate the moving department activities.
- Establish goals for the department.
- Track results and trends regularly for business forecasting.
- Report on team and individual performance.
- Work with CFO and coordinate closing schedules for all billing and accounts.
- Work with HR Manager to create and develop job descriptions, recruit, and interview candidates (Drivers, Helpers and Warehouse Staff) on an on-going basis.
- Organise and carry out an annual worker appreciation event and staff awards (Drivers, Helpers & Warehouse staff).
- Control warehouse products entering, receiving, pulling, locations, and loading by supervising warehouse workers and commercial sales.
- Coordinate warehouse shifts, timings, and hours of operation with the warehouse manager.
- Be a part of the team choosing new software for warehouse inventory management.
- Work with the warehouse manager and staff to keep track of the equipment, dollies, panel carts, hand trucks, and the extension's loss prevention and equipment storage.
- Calculating the necessary manpower for major moving projects.
- Organize monthly operations meetings locally.
- Bring in fresh concepts to improve business and workflow.
- At least five years of experience as a General Manager within the moving and relocation industry are required.
- A bachelor's degree is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal abilities are required.
- Strong computer abilities are required. (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be able to train and develop both current and new staff members.
- Must possess outstanding leadership and presenting skills.
If you wish to apply, please contact Alchemy today!