We are partnering with an international provider of Relocation and Global Mobility services and assisting in their search for a General Manager.
The General Manager role will be primarily based in Shanghai but you will be required to be flexible regarding business travel and working from various locations in the APAC region.
Reporting to the Asia CEO, you will be responsible for overall company performance, strategy, and direction across all assets and enterprises in China.
As General Manager you will have fiduciary and profit-and-loss accountability and be creating short and long-term goals, guidelines, and policies for the business unit and organisation in this area. You will also act as an ambassador for the business to the local public, the community, and customers.
You will be responsible for managing multiple functions, including marketing, sales, operations, customer service, finance, human resources, quality control, and information technology.
General Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Reaching targeted income, profit margin, and gross margin; maintaining high standards of customer care; and growing a clientele for the Chinese market.
- Overseeing and actively contributing to the growth of the company's sales, logistics, and records management initiatives for corporate and private relocations.
- Expanding our account management initiatives to guarantee customer satisfaction and ongoing account income growth.
- Providing consistently excellent service to ensure that the client receives the most out of the services.
- Promoting diversification and seeking out new business ventures in the entire spectrum of possible services, such as workspace, fine arts, logistics, relocations, global mobility, and records management.
- Responsible for creating, carrying out, and maintaining company policies and plans.
- Overseeing, motivating, and supporting all reporting employees.
- Collaborating with sales teams and business development managers to ensure maximum conversation ratios in line with financial objectives, supporting projects and initiatives.
- Ensuring customer service quality and setting pricing policies.
- Working with HR to recruit and manage staff, creating an encouraging environment for staff to thrive whilst also following all regulatory requirements and local law.
- Responsibility for financial policies, making sure that payment policies, credit terms, reporting deadlines, monthly sales targets, budgets and targets are upheld.
- Leading the business’s sustainability agenda.
General Manager Key Skills and Requirements:
- Experience within a similar role within Relocation, Global Mobility or Household Goods Moving within China.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration preferred.
- Well-versed in the political, economic, social, and technological environments of China.
- All-round management experience for different businesses (or teams) would be advantageous.
- A solid understanding of business obstacles and procedures.
- A track record of effectively managing P&L.
- Adaptability to changing needs of the business.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and inventive problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility to travel around APAC region.