Our client, a moving specialist based in Asheville, NC, is seeking an experienced moving General Manager to join their team.
- Look after the whole sales and operational aspects of a moving services provider.
- Manage, develop, encourage, and monitor the performance of staff, always ensuring high-quality work.
- Spearhead the driving forward of sales and production.
- Meeting or exceeding all sales, budget, and profit objectives.
- Devise and implement operating procedures that will increase the efficiency of the moving and storage operation.
- Ensuring the company complies with operating standards, and maintaining a positive health & safety culture in the workplace.
- Identify, address, and resolve any business performance-related issues to achieve a more efficient and streamlined operation.
- Continuously aim to maintain elevated levels of customer service across all moving and relocation services.
- Identify development opportunities for employees by regularly evaluating their current skills and setting up new training opportunities.
- Staying up-to-date with business trends and changes within the relocation, moving, and storage industry.
- Demonstrating your awareness of the relocation industry, local market, customer, and competitor activity.
- Ensuring all staff understand company goals and deliver consistently superior service in line with quality standards.
- Must have a background working for a Van Line agency within the moving sector.
- Previous management proficiency with P & L accountability.
- Strong operational and sales knowledge of door-to-door household goods moving, corporate relocations, transport, storage, and specialist moves.
- Highly organized with natural leadership and management skills.
- Excellent communicator, comfortable consulting with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong sales and commercial business acumen will be advantageous.
- Strong IT skills with previous experience with MS Office products.
If you wish to apply, please contact Alchemy today!