Working from the London office, you will form a close working relationship with the Chief Financial Officer, delivering first-class financial and reporting services for this international business.
As Global Financial Controller, you will lead, develop and mentor the finance team, whilst supporting the expansion of the company and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Responsibilities of the Global Financial Controller:
- Establish and lead a culture of continuous development to give the company's finances world-class support and a solid foundation.
- Lead, develop and mentor the Finance team.
- Simplify the closing process for all businesses in order to provide fast and accurate worldwide consolidation of results.
- Review and analyse key P&L lines.
- Take the initiative in adopting new accounting standards throughout the business.
- Perform routine balance sheet checks to guarantee the accuracy of key balances and promote awareness of trends.
- Demonstrating a hands-on accounting approach as well as an understanding of the bigger picture.
- Manage and improve the company's annual budget, reforecasts, and variance analysis, identifying cost reductions and significant risks.
- Supervise Accounts Payable operations.
- Take the lead on managing and upgrading accounting systems and processes.
- Advise and support regional finance teams regarding technical accounting.
- Manage relationships with auditors and other external parties, including banks and insurers.
- Oversee the timely and accurate delivery of all legal entity statutory reporting, including VAT, tax, accounting, and government filings, across the UK and Internationally.
- Establish solid working relationships across the Finance, Specialist, and Support functions and ensure all financial control policies and procedures are followed.
- Offer recommendations on areas of accounting judgements.
- Keep track of the business’s bank accounts and cash flow forecast, ensuring that balances stay within the agreed-upon limitations and evaluating foreign exchange exposures.
Requirements of the Global Financial Controller:
- ACA qualified.
- Certified accountant with track record of overseeing the financial operations of multinational corporations.
- Evidence of developing positive working relationships internally and externally.
- An understanding of taxes (direct and indirect).
- Excellent leadership skills
- Can clearly communicate financial information.
- Excellent technical accounting abilities and experience dealing with audits.
- Ability to promote changes and improvements to processes.
- Commercial and financial awareness.
- Ability to adapt to changes and make decisions.