A relocation package will be available for the successful applicant.
Must be proficient in both Japanese and English languages.
Local experience in Japan is essential.
- Be a trusted advisory to the leadership and work on all critical people aspects covering the employee life cycle including hiring, performance management, L&D initiatives, compensation and offboarding.
- Work closely with the business and HR leadership to develop and execute the people strategy around manpower planning, people budget, compensation and benefits, succession planning, people development, and performance management to achieve business goals.?
- Play a key role in ensuring coherent implementation of people plans and processes across the territory and ensuring they align with global direction.
- ?Play a key role on development initiatives for employees – work with the L&D CoE around critical initiatives, assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Work closely with the Ops and payroll team to help employee queries/issues
- Be up-to-date on employment laws and regulations, as well as other legal requirements regarding people management, to help leaders ensure compliance
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- 10 + years of experience, ideally in a Big4 environment with exposure to a global environment.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills - should be proficient in both Japanese and English language.
- In depth knowledge of local laws and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of HR process, procedures and policies
- Solid experience in the Services industry working across the employee life cycle on all relevant areas vis hiring, performance management, compensation, L&D and offboarding.
- Exposure to progressive/best in class HR practices
- Prior experience working and applying HR principles in a system environment in developing, maintaining and improving processes to achieve greater efficiencies and performance.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data. Strong excel skills – should have exposure working on compensation related data for employees.
- Excellent customer service skills including understanding users’ needs, offering solutions and following up to ensure end user success.