Our client has an excellent opportunity for an Immigration Consultant who is keen to learn about Dutch immigration and develop their skills with the assistance of a Senior Immigration Consultant.
This role offers hybrid working with at least 1 day per week in the office, as well as an attractive salary and bonus scheme.
- Serving as the primary point of contact for clients, helping them with immigration-related matters and, if necessary, requesting the services of a Senior Immigration Consultant.
- Evaluating the clients’ options for residence permits and/or work permits, collaborating with Senior Consultants on more complex cases.
- Drafting thorough advice on the fundamentals of immigration.
- Preparation and submission of applications and documentation required by government agencies.
- Coordination of the legal and administrative processes related to immigration issues for particular clients.
- Holding brief legal discussions on immigration-related matters with government agencies, colleagues, and clients, with the ability to explain the Dutch immigration process in simple and understandable terms.
- Advising customers about any risks that they may not be aware of and marketing the company’s services where appropriate.
- Keeping meticulous records, including internal and external databases (as requested by the client) that include all immigration-related information handled by the company, such as the client's current immigration status and updates on any ongoing procedures.
- Recording all activity using company software.
- Continuously learning about Dutch immigration law and regulations.
- Managing various caseloads.
- Building rapport with clients, becoming their specialist for advice relating to Dutch immigration matters.
- Managing client expectations and adhering to service delivery timelines.
- Billing clients promptly and accurately.
- Understanding when clients may prefer an explanation via telephone rather than email.
- Reporting current immigration application statuses for clients as well as any ongoing actions and fees charged.
- Business travel as required.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is essential.
- A degree holder, preferably Law related.
- 2 to 4 years of immigration experience.
- Ideally, you will have some contacts in the Dutch immigrant community.
- A strong team player with good communication skills, able to deal with sensitive clients.
- A keen problem solver.
- Computer literate.