Key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate the full import and export cycle from start to finish, sending proof of shipments to clients
- Manage key accounts with suppliers and customers and ensure individual client satisfaction at all times.
- Manage customs clearance and complete customs entries, keeping a spreadsheet log
- Ensure customs compliance at all times
- Regularly liaise with the client and keep them updated on the status of their booking.
- Raise job files and input all data, using internal systems.
- Coordinate temporary admissions and bonded warehouse clearances.
- Liaise with HMRC in relation to compliance
- Actively assist in business development
- Provide admin support including filing and answering phone calls
- Previous experience working in a similar role within the shipping industry.
- Experience coordinating import and export shipments from start to finish.
- Ability to complete customs entries and have working knowledge of and keep up to date with customs tariffs.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of all shipping documentation is essential.
- Experience with TA and bonded warehousing is beneficial.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.