As the International Rates Specialist, you will create quotes, evaluates rates, negotiate with suppliers, set up service agreements, and deal with RFQs.
- Using telephone, email, and fax to contact business partners and corporate clients.
- Taking part in local and international meetings with corporate clients.
- Generating reports.
- Using Traxx (freight management software), tracking shipments via telephone and online, and entering statistical data as required.
- Forming agreements with brokers, truckers, airlines, steamship lines, customs officials, insurers, and other third parties.
- Providing a cost breakdown of all services supplied.
- Creating and upholding relationships with corporate accounts.
- Assisting corporate clients.
- Creating rail, truck, maritime, and air transportation arrangements.
- Drafting corporate transportation and shipping policies.
- Overseeing vendor quality assurance.
- Negotiating prices with shipping companies, airlines, insurance carriers, other international and domestic movers, truckers, and customs brokers.
- Auditing carrier bills.
- Arranging rates for clients in response to RFPs.
- Coordinating meetings with local and international corporate clients.
- Making advanced level carrier rates and contract negotiations.
- Advising corporate clients on relocation policies.
- At least five years of related relocation/moving experience or a four-year degree.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Experience with complex and advanced logistical reports, shipping policies, RFPs, and complaints.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels.
- Proficient in IT – particularly Freight Management software.
Get in touch with Alchemy today to apply and find out more!