We are looking for someone with excellent knowledge and a sincere passion for jewellery. You will possess demonstrated business acumen as well as strong market and trend awareness. If you have a working grasp of the entire auction process and any associated procedures this will be highly advantageous.
Jewellery Cataloguer Duties include:
- Manage the catalogue, which includes but is not limited to supervising authentication, property control (keeping track of consignments and jewellery movements), research, upkeep of a progress database accessible to all but accountable to you, monitoring advertisements, monitoring special terms in proposals, contributing catalogue notes, liaising with senior staff over sensitive areas and assisting with condition reporting before the sale.
- Consign jewellery, identify, catalogue, prepare condition reports, and catalogue production for London Online and Live Jewellery Auctions.
- Communicate with Jewellery specialists to provide quick and efficient advice to clients, whilst absorbing information and developing your Jewellery knowledge.
- Arrange photography of incoming Jewellery items.
- Assist with pre and post-sale administration.
- Maintain organised files and records for clients, sales representatives, and outside consultants.
- Effectively manage customer inquiries via phone, in person at the front desk, and in collaboration with valuation experts.
- Continue exploring opportunities to advance your career in terms of client development, expertise, and eventually business acquisition.
- Take the lead on business intelligence and client research, anticipating areas of growth by staying up to date with happenings in the Jewellery market.
Skills required for the Jewellery Cataloguer position:
- Experience working in an Auction House.
- Strong research skills and ability to compile footnotes.
- A keen and natural interest in Jewellery.
- Excellent communication and people skills when dealing with internal staff and clients.
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient in the use of IT.