We are assisting our client, a leading immigration services provider, in their search for a Junior Immigration Consultant
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, bonus and hybrid working option.
As this is a new team for our client, there are plenty of prospects for advancement. It's a fantastic chance to increase your level of proficiency and understanding in the immigration industry!
- Assess the client’s options for a Belgium residence and/or work permit.
- Draft thorough advice on the fundamentals of Belgium immigration and, with the assistance of a Senior Immigration Consultant, draft guidance on more challenging immigration issues.
- As required by the relevant government authorities, prepare and submit various government forms along with the necessary supporting paperwork.
- Organise the legal and administrative processes related to immigration issues for particular clients.
- Be able to explain fundamental Belgian immigration legislation in clear language and conduct basic legal discussions on immigration-related subjects with government authorities, colleagues, and clients.
- Able to pro-actively market the company’s services to clients by advising them on risks that they may not be aware of.
- Keep extensive records, including internal and external databases (as requested by the client) that include all immigration-related information handled by the company, such as the client's current status regarding Belgium residency and/or work permit, as well as updates about any ongoing procedures involving company software.
- Record every action in company software.
- Deal with volatile clients in an empathetic manner.
- Understand when clients may need to have a discussion over the telephone rather than by email.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for clients, helping them with immigration-related matters and, if necessary, requesting the services of a Senior Immigration Consultant.
- Oversee various caseloads for various clients.
- Possesses interpersonal and client-handling skills, being the first port of call when clients need guidance on Belgian immigration issues.
- Create and uphold precise deadlines for every case, enabling you to effectively manage expectations.
- Accurately and timely billing.
- 1 year of immigration experience.
- Degree holder (preferably in Law).
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French language.
- Ideally have some connections in the immigration community in Belgium.
- Good team player who gets along with both internal and external stakeholders and who is sensitive to the needs of the company and its objectives.
- Keen to develop knowledge of Belgium immigration laws and regulations.