The ideal candidate will have a strong background in labour and employment law, as well as experience in litigation and trial work.
- Represent clients in labour and employment disputes, including discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour claims
- Participate in depositions, hearings, and trials
- Conduct legal research and analysis to support cases and advise clients
- Prepare and draft legal briefs, motions, and other documents
- Work closely with partners and other team members to develop and implement case strategy
- Stay current on developments in labour and employment law and regulations
- Maintain strong client relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- 5+ years relevant litigation relevant litigation experience that includes FINRA arbitration and federal and state labor & employment laws (e.g., trade secret law, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, ADEA, FMLA and similar state laws)
- The ability to work independently and experience communicating with clients and opposing counsel
- Writing samples are required upon application
- The ability to handle aspects of litigation with minimal supervision, such as interviewing witnesses, reviewing electronically stored documents, drafting pleadings, motions and briefs, conducting and defending depositions, and attending certain court appearances is also required
- Permitted to Practice Law in New York
They offer professional development and growth within the firm a competitive salary of $225,000 - $310,000 depending on relevant skills, training, experience, education, and where applicable, licensure or certification obtained. Market factors are also considered.
In addition to the base salary and a generous employee benefits package, successful candidates are eligible to receive a discretionary bonus.