Our client a local, interstate and commercial moving specialist based Petersburg, VA is seeking an experienced moving local dispatcher to join their team.
- Communication with planners to coordinate driver route planning
- Assist drivers in selecting effective ways to complete their routes
- When required, work with the drivers to find available agents
- When necessary, coordinate with agents to arrange for incoming cargo and labour
- Update ETAs in business software and add pertinent notes to the shipment notes
- The local dispatcher is required to keep tabs on DOT rules for drivers making sure they are being adhered too
- Approving drivers' travel and repair fees
- Along with being accountable for the drivers' activities, recruitment and management of drivers are also required.
- Customer service should be informed about the driver's schedule, particularly with regard to arrival times, and monies should be provided as needed to the drivers
- Utilise the company-provided phone and tablet on a rotational basis to monitor and receive calls and emails after hours in order to approve funding requests and address issues as necessary
- Local Dispatch experience is essential
- Strong telephone manners
- Understanding of corporate software
- The capacity to solve problems in order to increase driving effectiveness
- Understanding of DOT and DOD rules