The main responsibility of the Logistics Operations Coordinator is to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction through prompt service delivery, service coordination with partners and clients, and monitoring of the shipping process until successful delivery at the destination.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Operations Coordinator:
- Coordinating services with partners, preparing documentation, monitoring en route security, confirming delivery, providing regular updates to customers throughout the shipping process and carefully managing the customer relationship.
- Coordinating the entire international shipping process from A to Z.
- Ensuring that the logistics software system is kept up to date.
- Troubleshooting in urgent situations and foreseeing issues/conflicts through proactive process monitoring.
- Assisting in the quotation process by contacting vendors to acquire estimates, updating operating system rates, and giving the sales team vendor prices as needed.
- Maintaining consistent communication with new suppliers to get accurate quotes and, if necessary, to bargain prices.
- Coordinating with finance to ensure that accurate invoices are sent to customers, accounts payable invoices are verified, and vendor payments are made.
- Liaising with vendors to ensure any billing issues are dealt with.
- Weekly preparation of operational reports and informing the manager of vendor service issues.
- Delivering excellent customer service and serving as brand ambassador for the company at all times by displaying a pleasant, courteous attitude and proactive engagement with all clients and vendors.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the vendor costs and information database, updating as necessary.
- Completing any special projects as requested.
Requirements of the Logistics Operations Coordinator:
- Fluency in German and English is necessary (Written and spoken).
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Russian would be highly advantageous.
- Diploma level education.
- Between 2 to 4 years minimum experience as a Logistics Operations Coordinator.
- Experience supervising and leading the logistics process globally.
- Airfreight/ Express Air/ Secure Logistics operations experience is strongly preferred.
- IT literate with knowledge of logistics software is preferred.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.