Alchemy Global Talent Solutions is now assisting a prominent moving company in their pursuit of an Operations Manager for its San Diego, CA location.
The Operations Manager will operate in a hands-on capacity, managing daily moving operations, scheduling and supervising the staff, preserving client satisfaction, and continuing correct upkeep of the company's portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Operations Manager role include, but are not limited to:
- Determining each job's requirements based on the moving survey results, and then assigning personnel and vehicles as required.
- Overseeing all daily activities for the moving diary.
- Making sure that tasks are completed on schedule to meet the time frame of the client's moves.
- Completion and filing of all relevant documentation.
- Observing the tasks undertaken, issues that may arise, and worker arrival times.
- Providing job costings to the move managers.
- Maintaining close contact with the various departments within the company to ensure that moves are going ahead as scheduled.
- If necessary, schedule the diaries of outside workers and third parties.
- Scheduling the arrival and departure of the warehouse’s shipments.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Skills and requirements:
- Prior operations management experience in the moving and relocation industry.
- Superb IT abilities, including the full Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Excellent staff management skills
- An enthusiastic and inspirational work ethic.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both the internal divisions of the company as well as third parties.
Please do not hesitate to contact Alchemy Global Talent Solutions right away if this piques your interest!