The purpose of the position is to assist the Quality Manager by ensuring the stock is checked correctly and maintaining high levels of quality at all times.
- Carry out quality intake on fruit arrivals, this will include all stock types.
- Allocating status to each arrival and consider the expected waste.
- Organize and send advisories and rejection to appropriate departments to guarantee claims will be covered and collection for rejected fruit are arranged.
- Allocate, print, and apply pallets labels for all intake pallets.
- Carry out quality checks on market purchases to ensure suitability to our requirements.
- Play a key role in stock rotation of all fruits is adhered to reduce waste level.
- Communicate with Production Manager and Line Leaders with regards to any potential quality issues.
- Complete fruit quality checks on all products.
- Carry out basket checks to ensure all packed fruits are in specification for packing.
- Maintain packing is to a high standard to ensure trouble tickets are kept to a minimum.
- Highlight training or re-training required in the production staff.
- Observe waste fruit levels to ensure no fruit is being over-graded.
- Creating production product labels.
- Guarantee High Risk and sample products are produced to the correct high standard.
- Reporting to the Quality Manager any quality issues discovered in any products.
- Attend line leader meeting to prepare for the coming week and reflect on issues from previous week.
- A strong attention to detail with a willingness to push for excellence is crucial.
- 2 years Quality Control experience in a fresh produce industry.
- Fruit checking experience would be beneficial.
- Capability to defend findings on intake with other departments.
- Ability to react quickly to any quality issues found.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Good numerical skills.
- Available to work night shifts.