Our client a high-end New York based Gallery is looking for an experienced Registrar to join their team.
- Organise all shipments of artwork globally, domestically, and internationally.
- Assist with instructions on the suitable movement, crating and packing of works.
- Condition checking of both outbound and inbound work and installed work at art fairs and exhibitions
- Manage and order display/presentation materials for the gallery
- Coordinate exhibitions and movement of the owner’s private collection
- Manage databases for all inventory of works, updating it with newly recorded dimensions of framed and unframed pieces
- Coordinate with shippers, clients, vendors and staff for installation and shipment schedules.
- Stay up to date on current import and export customs regulations, ensuring compliance at all times
- Share status and conditions of works and movement timetables with staff
- Verify that the gallery complies with specific contractual or installation criteria
- Oversee and update inventory database and carry out necessary audits and reports for the director
- Aid with travel/courier arrangements for sold or loaned pieces
- Obtain shipping quotes for projects, review received invoices in accordance to project budgets
- Organise all relevant paperwork for the storage and movement of work
- Coordinate the framing and conservation of pieces with art handlers
- Ensure that work is stored safely and securely in the storage facility in the gallery
- Make and monitor budgets for projects
- Supervise shippers and handlers at installations and deinstallations at art fairs and private viewings
- Coordinate the storage of displays eg. plinths and crates off-site
- Order and manage installation materials needed for art fairs
- Experience in the Fine Art industry, including Galleries, Auction Houses and Fine Art Shipping Companies, required
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Full understanding of the Fine Art Shipping and Logistics process
- Computer literacy, required
- Degree educated, beneficial