Alchemy is working with an expanding New York Gallery, who are looking to hire a Registrar.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to progress in a busy work environment. Cataloguing experience is essential for this role!
- Oversee all shipments both locally and internationally
- Arrange movement of works between gallery and storage spaces
- Complete the process of cataloguing and labelling when it comes to incoming and existing artwork.
- Complete all condition reports, accurately and in a timely manner
- Keep internal databases up to date with current and incoming inventory
- Plan and arrange restoration, framing and photography of works
- Ensure labelling of works is correct
- Manage paperwork for the movement of artwork
- Assist with any additional Gallery administration tasks when required
- Experience of working in a Gallery or Auction House or similar organisation is essential
- Previous inventory management and cataloguing skills
- Condition reporting and artwork labelling abilities
- Experience with photography is beneficial for this role
- Fantastic motivation and attention to detail is crucial
- Excellent written and communication skills