The Regulatory Compliance Manager plays an integral role to ensure that products comply with outside regulatory and legal requirements and will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation takes necessary steps to comply with relevant laws, policies and regulations in the process of developing, labelling, manufacturing, and selling products and services to its customers and consumers.
- Advise and educate the business on appropriate raw material selection for regional compliance and support the business strategy by working with the Sales, Marketing and Technical teams to ensure that only products with appropriate compliance are promoted and brought to market.
- Provide support to the R&D teams on new product development and enhancements.
- Ensure all manufactured and/or imported substances and intermediates are registered under the EU and UK REACH regimes.
- Streamline the collection of REACH declarations from suppliers through the use of Supply Chain Network software.
- Monitor EU Regulations (EC) No 1907/2006 on the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of Chemicals (EU REACH).
- Prepare registration documentation for new company products or increasing tonnage requirements.
- Account for Chemical Regulations, environmental and packaging compliance.
- Offer support for compliance and legislation-based requests from Customers, Suppliers and internal colleagues.
- Responsible for the development and management of Regulatory Data Sheets and compliance statements.
- Grow expertise in general regional regulatory compliance.
- Recommend, present, and implement solutions for future compliance, based on business objectives and legislative timetables to remain compliant.
- Educated to BSc, MSc or PhD in a science related subject, preferably chemistry
- Minimum 3-5 years of similar and relevant experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. SAP experience is advantageous but not essential
- Familiarity with REACH, Prop 65, Triman Logo, FCC, CE, UKCA, IC (ISED), ROHS and Lithium Battery regulations is advantageous