As Sales Director, you will encourage customers to adopt our video products and technologies throughout many areas of their business as well as drive their complete retention. You will have a track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets and take delight in doing so.
The primary duty of the Sales Director is to build and maintain solid connections within allocated accounts to ensure high levels of client satisfaction and ROI recognition, which in turn, will promote robust renewals and expansion potential. You will also work on add-on booking and upsell opportunities, guarantee total client happiness, and ensure that our clients get maximum value out of our products and services.
The successful candidate will be incredibly organised, team-oriented, innovative, self-motivated, and have excellent communication and negotiating abilities.
Our client offers the flexibility of working in the office, remotely, or in a hybrid set up.
Sales Director Responsibilities:
- Encourage client growth and retention by recognising their needs and assisting them in achieving them.
- Work closely with stakeholders across the Japan team to collaborate on business development prospects.
- Continue to communicate with consumers on a regular basis regarding their adoption patterns, attitudes, and mining opportunities for deeper engagement.
- Negotiate the renewal of contracts and add-on/ upsell opportunities.
- Determine the amount of client interaction with the business and give recommendations to other teams regarding how to improve products and services.
- Advise and give insights to clients to ensure that they get maximum value out of the platform with a view to expanding our customer base.
- Be outstanding at working cross-team internally with many teams, including finance, legal, marketing, support, etc.
- Keep track of, report on, and update all customer interaction duties.
- Become an industry and domain expert.
- Maintain competitive awareness & focus.
Sales Director Requirements:
- At least three to five years in a quota-carrying Sales, Customer Success, Relationship Management, Account Management, or related position at a SaaS or software company.
- Evidence of meeting or exceeding sales quotas and targets for revenue.
- Working knowledge of enterprise clients.
- Proven capacity for developing, managing, and completing complex renewals.
- Proven track record of establishing and nurturing connections while attempting to reduce churn and increase engagement and renewals.
- A thorough comprehension of the client business strategy, motivations, objectives, and initiatives of the client and the conversion of them into selling opportunities.
- A track record of success in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial startup environment where initiative and cross-functional teamwork are essential.
- Great communication skills to confidently adapt communication to the needs of the customer; provide "memorable" presentations by skilfully utilising "why video" storytelling abilities.
- Outstanding networking abilities to locate the appropriate customer stakeholders and establish contacts rapidly to foster agreement on business agreements; foster collaboration with internal cross-functional teams to facilitate renewal success.
- Exceptional negotiating skills while maintaining a customer-first mindset.
- Coding experience in general (CSS, HTML, and JAVA) would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Having knowledge of CRM (Salesforce.com) and CEM (Gainsight) would be advantageous.
- Willing to travel (up to 15%).