We are partnering with a manufacturing company seeking a Senior Customs Compliance Officer in Cambridge on a hybrid basis with occasional on-site presence. This position is a fixed term contract of 12 months.
- Manage and oversee the policies, procedures, and processes related to trade compliance and customs.
- Assure complete adherence to all import, export, and customs authorization requirements.
- Handle several tasks well, making sure you stick to conflicting priorities and finish them on schedule.
- In order to promote a customer-focused strategy and raise overall customer satisfaction, collaborate closely with a variety of teams.
- To handle challenging trade situations, apply analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- To comprehend and reduce risks related to business expenses and client order fulfilment, apply financial and commercial acumen.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships both with others and with oneself.
- Powerful influencing, negotiating, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for organisation, problem-solving, and analysis.
- Demonstrated aptitude at organising and seeing several projects through to completion.
- A thorough comprehension of how failure affects customer order fulfilment and business expenses.
- Professional training in customs matters from an accredited training organisation is prefered.
- Strong background in products and services, international trade, and Incoterms.
- Proven understanding of and proficiency with international trade, international customs laws, and import and export controls for the US, UK, and EU.
- Experience with Rules of Origin interpretation, Excise Regulations, and HRMC audits is beneficial.