We are partnering with a large and well-established Freight Forwarding company, who are looking to appoint a talented Sea Freight Coordinator to join their busy team in Redditch.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Operations Manager by coordinating all the Sea Freight operation.
- Oversee daily operations for sea freight.
- Coordinate the booking of Sea Freight jobs for import and export.
- Creating job files and the necessary operational documentation.
- Processing work orders using the software program MULTIFREIGHT.
- Entries made by customs utilizing the NES system.
- To oversee inspecting all Sea freight projects daily and making sure that clients are informed of any deviations from the predetermined timeline.
- Protracted client interaction and bargaining.
- Protracted supplier negotiations and liaison.
- Internal communication with the sales staff to help with quotes and service details.
- Managing the jobs in accordance with the client's expectations from the quotation stage to final billing and successfully conveying any service difficulties.
- Maximizing the gross profit through supplier base negotiations.
- Making proactive contact with current clients to keep up with relationships.
- Experience with export sea freight operations.
- Great experience in customer service
- Confident communication abilities
- Effective organising abilities
- Excellent detail-orientedness
- Capable at meeting deadlines and handling stress
- Problem-solver and quick thinker
- A self-driven and energetic personality
- Capability of supporting and working with a team