We are working alongside an Art Organisation in New York, who are seeking an experienced Shipping and Inventory Coordinator to join their team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in inventory management and knowledge of the handling and storage of artwork, furniture or high-value pieces. This role will be based out of the companies warehouse and storage facility.
- Arrange outbound and inbound transport of artworks from start to finish, including storage, packing and crating, onsite and offsite
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork, to ensure its safe and timely transport.
- Support with the general upkeep if the warehouse, report any issues.
- Oversee the inventory database and update when necessary
- Conduct condition reports and ensure optimal packing practices are being used
- Help with installations when required
- Previous experience within a similar role, dealing with shipping procedures and inventory management is a must
- Well-organised, self-motivated and able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Art handling experience is beneficial
- Strong administrative skills
- Forklift, crating and carpentry experience is beneficial
- Valid drivers license