As a Specialist for Post War & Contemporary Art you will:
- Business getting for the department to fulfil the budgets set for the Post War & Contemporary Art department sales.
- Working with Senior Specialists in the team to develop business getting strategies.
- Grow and maintain a database of customers – both buyers and sellers – for the department.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with collectors of Post War & Contemporary Artwork to encourage further business with the company, either as buyers or sellers
- Maintain contact with established trade contacts to encourage further business with the company.
- Assist the Senior Specialists with advertising and marketing to promote business getting and sales activities.
- Conduct valuations of customer’s property both in the office and at other locations.
- Prepare condition reports for works coming for sale.
- Prepare proposal documents and work with the Senior Specialists
- Support Junior team members.
- Research Post War & Contemporary Art and prepare academic texts for publication in the sale catalogues.
- Assist on exhibition events worldwide as and when required.
- Be up to date with market trends and competitors’ strategies.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Knowledge and genuine interest for Contemporary art
- Expertise is getting consignments and closing deals.
- Previous experience within Auction House, Gallery or a related Fine art field.
- Good market and trend awareness
- Proven business acumen and sales skills
- A network of contacts, buyers, collectors, sellers of Post War & Contemporary Art.
- Functional working knowledge of the auction process and related procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Able to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.