We are partnering with a leading, global manufacturing company seeking a Trade Compliance Specialist to join their team based in Columbus, Ohio.
This role will oversee the compliance of all international trade activities across the business.
- Keep track of shipments and customs clearance for orders that are produced or aggregated there. Where necessary, locate obstructions that would prevent shipping and remove them; if this is not possible, escalate the situation.
- Organize logistics as a point of contact for brokers and forwarders for shipping lines, drayage services, and warehouses. This includes creating the paperwork required for these orders and managing delivery to the correct recipients.
- Monitor the invoicing procedure for these orders to guarantee proper execution, taking into account Letters of Credit and other order constraints.
- Help in the creation of monthly projections by recognising the orders related to affiliate business and/or foreign shipping that should ship and invoice for a certain amount of time.
- Communicate with affiliate locations to coordinate aggregated deliveries.
- Coordinating the tracking of Open Orders and other communications with the Sales team, Supply Chain team, and other affiliates.
- Collaborate with shipping companies, brokers, and warehouses to guarantee simplified processes that are consistent with our operations and offerings.
- Assist with the strategic supply chain's vendor selection and price negotiations for logistical services, as necessary for certain orders.
- Administration, examination, and approval of Letters of Credit (LOC).
- Examine and keep track of the deadlines for orders needing a LOC, such as the contract's last shipment date, the LOC expiration date, and any other needs related to sales orders for overseas regions.
- Control all NMFC, customs, and other parties involved in international freight, including approval for all freight invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain or related field and/or 5-7 years’ experience in material coordination, International Logistics, Compliance, Audit or industry-related experience.
- LCB, CCS certifications are preferred.
- Previous experience working within a large, global manufacturer is advantageous.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products & SAP.
- Fluency in Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese and/ or Chinese is advantageous but not essential.