This opportunity is perfect for somebody who is looking to go into a specialized industry, previous Fine Art Industry experience is not essential.
- Carry out installation and removal of fragile artworks both on and off-site.
- Ensure you are packing, loading, and securing the artwork for safe transit using the proper tools and methods.
- Ensure the safe and correct packaging of all goods in preparation for local, national, and international shipping/ transportation.
- Delivery of artwork to the warehouses.
- Carefully complete paperwork such as driver logs, labels, bills of lading, and condition reports accurately.
- Troubleshoot and adapt quickly to changes that may occur on routes or schedules.
- Ability to complete any additional tasks given to you by the management team.
- Assist internal teams as and when required.
- Must have experience as a truck driver and hold the appropriate, clean license (B / 20 cubic metres).
- Fluency in French is essential, any additional languages are a bonus.
- This is a hands-on position and the ideal applicant should be physically healthy and able to handle, carry, and move heavy objects or fragile items.
- Show enthusiasm and willingness to learn a new industry.
- Show strong communication skills to liaise with both clients and internal members of staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to resolve issues and know when to escalate to management’s attention.
- Knowledge of art handling, installation, and packing is desirable (Not essential)
- Willingness to learn and relay knowledge in the use of art handling and storage machinery is desirable (not essential)
- Ability to be flexible is necessary as you may be required to work weekends or extra hours over selected holidays.