Working in supply chain management as a Bunker Supply Manager in Shipping is a highly rewarding career. This role is one that would suit someone who is an excellent negotiator and with attention to detail. Your principle role will be to procure bunkers from suppliers, brokers and traders.
A career in Shipping offers many opportunities, especially if you become a Bunker Supply Manager. This role is one that is demanding, but offers the opportunity to really develop supply chain management skills in a very demanding environment. You will also be responsible for managing a team of people and will contribute to the management of the company and will therefore be expected to prepare and present reports.
What does a Bunker Supply Manager job description include?
- You will ensure bunkers are procured at a rate that is both attractive to the customer and also benefits the company.
- As a Bunker Supply Manager you may be responsible for a team and so it is important that you are able to operate as a team player to oversee the implementation of the bunker purchasing process.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the purchasing process complies with contractual terms and conditions agreed with customers.
- The Bunker Supply Manager must ensure the timely delivery of bunkers to vessels to ensure the smooth operation of the fleet as well as the quality of bunkers procured.
- You will also be responsible for the quality, organisation and control of all bunker lifting in co-ordination with VP CPCD, FLEET and VP OPS.
- In the event of any disputes, you will be required to mediate between supplier and customer to try and dissolve disputes amicably, but where this is not possible, you will be involved in any ensuring legal proceedings.
- You will work with other members of the organisation who may be involved in bunkers and operations and so you will be expected to assist as and when requested.
- The Bunker Supply Manager is expected to organise and maintain an efficient requisition, purchase order and reporting system.
- You will be responsible for ensuring all health and safety procedures are adhered to by your team and provide training when required.
- In your capacity as a Bunker Supply Manager, you will be required to ensure all operational procedures and followed and to monitor staff performance. You will also be required to manage budgetary control and income levels are targets are met.
Key skills and qualifications of a Bunker Supply Manager:
- You should be educated to a high standard and hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Marine Engineering.
- Previous experience in Bunker Supply in shipping is essential.
- The role of Bunker Supply Manager requires someone who understands business and has commercial acumen as well as understands basic accounting.
- You must be a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills, especially when it comes to negotiating.
- The Bunker Supply Manager will have good team leader and management skills.
- You must have excellent administrative and organisation skills and capable of establishing and maintaining filing and monitoring systems.
- In the role of Bunker Supply Manager you will be expected to present data to senior managers in a clear and concise manner.
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
How to find more Bunker Supply Manager jobs within the Chartering/Broker and Research Industry:
To find more Bunker Supply Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.