A Country Manager works to represent a company in a foreign country. This involves working to manage operations, develop business and increase profitability for a company in a specific region or country. Within corporate relocations and international removals, the role demands specialist skills and knowledge relating to this sector.
The role would suit someone who enjoys a client facing role and the challenge of growing the business and there is also the opportunity to travel and to really get to know the culture of the country that you are working in.
What does a Country Manager job description include?
A Country Manger job description involves a very high level of responsibility and self-motivation. This job is a senior role and typically, a Country Manager reports directly to a Regional Managing Director. Some of the duties of a Country Manager job include:
- A Country Manager will be responsible for managing all operations within a country. This involves taking responsibility for profit, revenue, cash and quality targets.
- In the Corporate Relocations and International Removals Sector, a Country Manager job may include being in charge of many areas of the business such as moving services, global mobility and records management.
- Agreeing annual budgets and producing a detailed annual business operating plan are tasks a Country Manager may have to deliver as well as monthly, quarterly or annual targets for revenue, profits and cash.
- A key part of the role of Country Manger will be to produce business performance reports, which could be on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- They are expected to recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training.
- The role is client facing and so daily contact with clients is a big part of a Country Manager job, therefore the ability to communicate effectively is essential.
What key skills and qualifications?
A Country Manager job demands a broad range of business skills including:
- Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some financial qualifications or training – a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
- A Country Manager job requires a strong understanding of how a business operates and successful candidates will have a proven track record demonstrating their understanding and business acumen.
- General management experience is essential for working in this job.
- In a Country Managers job, you need to have excellent networking skills.
- The job of a Country Manager needs to be able to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
- The ability to recruit staff and monitor performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
- To effectively manage operations, a Country Manager needs to have knowledge and experience of the sector their company operates within. They must fully understand the products and services provided by their company.
- A Country Manager will be based overseas, so experience of living abroad is desirable. They will also need to be sensitive to cultural differences.
- Must be familiar with computer software programs e.g. Word, Excel etc.
- A full clean driving licence.
How to find more Country Manager jobs within the International Removals Industry:
To find more jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.