Working as a Regional Sales Manager within the International and Domestic Courier industry offers great challenges and excellent career progression. Requiring a range of disciplines, a Regional Sales Manager job is best suited to someone with drive and ambition.
As a sales professional within the international and domestic courier industry, you can expect to have a very diverse and interesting job that will involve extensive travel and daily customer interaction. This role is perfectly suited to someone who is highly customer focused with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
What does a Regional Sales Manager job description include?
- A Regional Sales Manager usually works as part of a team and reports to the Sales Manager or Director.
- You will be expected to plan and manage regional sales targets inline with company requirements.
- You may manage a sales team dedicated to your region or you may work alone, depending on the size of the company.
- The Regional Sales Manager usually prepares and presents monthly reports detailing sales achieved and those predicted against targets. You will also be asked to contribute to setting annual targets for yourself and if applicable, your team as part of the company’s annual sales plan.
- If you do manage a sales team, then you will be expected to conduct performance appraisals and monitor monthly sales achieved against target. You will also be required to arrange training as and when required together with the hiring and dismissal of staff.
- The Regional Sales Manager together with your team, will be expected to develop and present new ideas to meet both the needs of the business and opportunities within the courier industry.
Key skills and qualifications of a Regional Sales Manager:
- Previous experience as a Sales Manager working within the International/Domestic Courier Industry may be required, but in some circumstances, previous sales experience only may be acceptable.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, negotiation and deal closing skills are essential.
- A Regional Sales Manager with a team of people to manage will be required to have management and leadership experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate a sales team to achieve targets.
- You must be commercially aware and be able to understand basic management and financial statements. Strong numeracy skills are essential.
- In a Regional Sales Management role, you must be able to problem solve and be innovative in your approach to your work, continually striving to achieve above and beyond sales targets set.
- You must have excellent IT skills and be familiar with industry standard software together with good Microsoft Office skills.
How to find more Regional Sales Manager jobs within the International & Domestic Courier Industry:
To find more Regional Sales Manager jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.