An Operations Manager is an important job within the Domestic Removals industry, acting as the intermediary between the Operations Department and the road crews, organising paperwork and managing a team effectively.
The Operations Manager has the potential to progress through the Domestic Removals industry, eventually to Operations Director. In the absence of an Operations Director, the Operations Manager assumes control. The Operations Manager is responsible for the management of their team and any documentation, a job suitable for anyone with a strong sense of organisation and attention to detail.
What does an Operations Management job description include?
- An Operations Manager must maintain constant observation of all vehicles, ensuring all comply with transport legislation and preparing tachographs.
- An Operations Manager is responsible for the team they supervise, and so must monitor all driving hours, make sure all staff follow company rules and legislation and that all crews are briefed and debriefed before and after each move.
- You must also ensure that all documentation is complete and up to date, producing job sheets and checking sales quotes.
- An Operations Manager must also communicate between clients and removal crews to confirm costs, time frames and to assign crews of the correct quantity and quality.
- You must also coordinate with the General Manager to ensure the division is run in the most efficient and profitable way.
Key skills and qualifications of an Operations Manager:
- An Operations Manager is required to have proficient IT skills and a CPC qualification at a National Level as a minimum.
- An Operations Manager also requires experience in planning work schedules and knowledge relating to company credit control. Being numerate is a very important skill requirement of operations management
- Due to the large extent of required contact with clients and colleagues, an Operations Manager is required to have strong communications skills, together with strong leadership and management skills to efficiently run a successful team.
- You must also be able to problem solve through the use of your own initiative as Operations Management within Domestic Removals can face some unusual day to day challenges.
How to find more Operations jobs within the HR Global Mobility & Relocations Industry:
To find more Operations jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.