Working for a fine arts shipping company as a shipping clerk offers many career opportunities. Specialising in this fascinating area of international shipping can be extremely rewarding as well as providing perfect career development opportunities.
As a Shipping Clerk working for a specialist fine art shipping company, you will be involved in both import and export of artefacts, fine art & antiques. Customers range from owners of private art and furniture collections to international art galleries and museums.
What does a Fine Art Shipping Clerk job description include?
- Your main duties as a Fine Art Shipping Clerk will be involved with managing all aspects of the shipping of fine art from one destination to another.
- You will arrange customer collections, which may also include the arranging of specialist packing services.
- Your customers may be international or UK based.
- A Fine Art Shipping Clerk will prepare and process all import and export documentation and the booking of the chosen method of transportation.
- You will be responsible for all aspects of bonded customs procedures and controls.
- The Fine Art Shipping Clerk is expected to organise secure storage on behalf of customers.
- If you are dealing with imports you will be expected to gain customs clearance and advise the customer of any required payments due.
- The Fine Art Shipping Clerk is responsible for organising the safe delivery of cargo once it has passed through customs to its destination point.
Key skills and qualifications of a Fine Art Shipping Clerk:
- To work within the Fine Art Shipping Industry you usually need to be well educated with a recognised educational certificate and in some cases a degree may be required.
- Depending upon the job available, you may be required to have fine art shipping experience.
- You be successful as a Fine Art Shipping Clerk you must have excellent attention to detail and be very organised.
- As a Fine Art Shipping Clerk you need excellent written and verbal communication as well as sound numeracy skills.
- You will be required to work with many other people/organisations and so a polite and friendly manner is important.
- You must have keyboard skills and be able to operate the Microsoft Office suite.
How to find more Fine Art Shipping Clerk jobs within the HR Global Mobility and Relocation sector:
To find more Fine Art Shipping Clerk jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.