Working as a Customer Services Clerk in Shipping and Logistics is extremely rewarding and provides an excellent place to start a career. This job is focused on providing a professional service to customers and liaising with key parties including third party suppliers and other company offices.
The job of a Customer Services Clerk is very varied and no one day is ever the same. The post holder will be part of a team of people who will be focused on delivering the most efficient and professional service with all those they come into contact with.
What does a Customer Services Clerk job description in Shipping and Logistics include?
- Working as a Customer Services Clerk is a very varied role and involves liaising directly with clients as well as suppliers.
- Customer Services Clerks process sales invoicing in accordance with established procedures and standards.
- Receive supplier purchase invoices ensuring they are correct and passed to appropriate department for processing.
- As a Customer Services Clerk working within Shipping and Logistics you will be required to ensure each shipment generates the maximum contribution to the company by keeping constant focus on meeting the required service level at the lowest possible cost.
- Maintain and file all records in accordance with company procedure.
- Constantly review working processes with carriers and transport companies to ensure best practice, but also that fees charged are inline with competitors.
- Assist the sales team with quotations and client/product knowledge.
- A Customer Services Clerk job usually involves working in conjunction with the Customer Services Team Leader, which may require you to produce reports and statistics for meetings.
Key skills and qualifications of a Customer Services Clerk in Shipping and Logistics
- Applicants need to be educated to a high standard and possess a recognised general educational qualification.
- A Customer Services Clerk must have excellent communication skills as both written and verbal skills are essential for this role.
- To be successful as a Customer Services Clerk applicants must be methodical and be able to demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting.
- Previous experience may not be required, but would be an advantage, especially if applicants have worked as a Customer Services Clerk in Shipping and Logistics previously.
- Applicants must be able to operate Microsoft Word and Excel programs efficiently.
How to find more Customer Services Clerk jobs within the Shipping and Logistics Industry:
To find more Customer Services Clerk jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.