An experienced and skilled Shipping Manager will manage and oversee the entire shipping process. Packing items for shipment, verifying the contents of all received packages and ordering supplies will be an essential responsibility in addition to ensuring that all items are put in place to be safely delivered and received. Organising all shipping related documentation is a key responsibility of this role, ensuring that all documents are correctly filed and kept up to date where necessary in order to remain informed on the process of all shipping in and outgoings. Other responsibilities include coordinating the safe shipping of all cargo, ensuring a seamless process from when the cargo leaves customs until it arrives at it’s destination point.
What does a Shipping Manager Job Description Include?
The role of a Shipping Manager will be responsible for overseeing the entire shipping process, ensuring a seamless delivery from start to finish in regards to all cargo under your control. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- They will use software to track, check, prioritise and route orders.
- Manage all shipping related documents, keeping them up to date and organised in an effective manner.
- Manage and coordinate where necessary the direct flow of packages, overseeing the process from preparation to shipment.
- Inspect all labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders to ensure everything has been completed correctly and that the shipments are ready to be sent.
- Supervise, train and lead a team of coordinators.
- Control the budget of the shipping department.
- Resolve any issues that may arise regarding shipped orders in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure all team members understand and comply with all legal regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Report to management on any activities and issues.
- Organise the safe shipping of cargo, ensuring a seamless delivery.
- Oversee and manage the budget of the shipping department.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key skills and qualifications of a Shipping Manager:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Proven experience is essential for this role.
- Familiarity with vendor management
- Knowledge of warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Excel expertise to allow reporting to be provided regularly and allow in-depth interrogation.
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Must have more than five years of work-related experience
- Must have solid experience in Procurement and Inventory Management
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures is essential.
- A good understanding of budgeting and reporting is essential for this role.
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates is essential for this role.
How to find more Shipping Manager Job Opportunities?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.