A Traffic Operator is principally responsible for the coordination of logistics shipments and the handling of administration, whilst also overseeing payments and credit negotiation within Traffic Management.
A Traffic Operator must have a strong education in finance or maths as it is a very numbers orientated career, but with a high level of communication between hauliers and customers. Ultimately Traffic Management are entirely responsible for carrying out physical shipment of freight.
What does a Traffic Operator job description include?
- A Traffic Operator is responsible for ensuring the physical shipment of freight runs smoothly by arranging any international transport, insuring the freight, calculating all costs and contacting brokers, shipping agents and customers.
- A Traffic Operator arranges any necessary finance documents and is in charge of payments and claims.
- As part of Traffic Management, you must be in constant communication with suppliers and receivers to coordinate shipments effectively, arranging for inspection and sampling of any freight.
- A Traffic Operator must work closely with finance, accounting and other departments, reporting directly to the Head of Operations.
Key skills and qualifications of a Traffic Operator in Traffic Management:
- To be successfully employed within Traffic Management you may be required to have 6 – 24 months experience in the logistics or finance sector and fluency in both English and a foreign language is an advantage.
- A Traffic Operator requires strong communication skills as the job centres on liaising between customers and suppliers and other departments within the logistics industry.
- A Traffic Operator also requires meticulous organisation and attention to detail even when under pressure and working to deadlines.
- You must also have strong IT skills in both Microsoft Office and an understanding of any other Logistics systems that are required since Traffic Operations is very much a computer orientated job.
How to find more Traffic Operator jobs within the Shipping & Logistics Industry:
To find more Traffic jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.