We are partnering with a US head quartered company looking for a Branch Manager to assist and develop the opening of a UK Office.
The company are looking for someone with working knowledge of the transportation needs within Europe and experience in Ocean moves to/from the US.
- Manage the freight sales process to identify prospective shippers
- Negotiating truckload rates with shippers and carriers
- Providing outstanding customer support by monitoring loads in transit
- Build and develop a book of business
- Be the lead point of contact for all customers and external partners
- Deliver a world class experience to customers and partners
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives that result in efficiencies
- Be responsible for developing the UK office
- Responsible for the hiring of staff to build a team
- Thorough understanding of the transportation network in Europe and Ocean services to/from the US
- Strong knowledge of transportation needs within Europe
- Able to manage business dealings by phone
- Strong book of business to bring to a new role
- Demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize your work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Blend of sales and operations abilities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient in Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Some local travel and occasional out of town travel will be required from time-to-time to see potential customers/carriers.