Our client combines years of exemplary service and a sterling reputation as a leading auction house with state-of-the-art facilities and forward-thinking digital innovation. They are continuing to invest heavily in both their technology and their people as part of their commitment to be auction house of choice for Fine Art and Jewellery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an expert in the Jewellery field to join one of the world’s best-known and well-respected auction houses.
- Play an active role in business development activities to drive department sales, including developing strategies to drive department growth.
- Provide exceptional service to clients when offering expert advice and accurate valuations on the sale of their jewellery.
- Maintain an active network of collectors, trade contacts and jewellery dealers, utilising your network to drive sales for the department.
- Ensure all client contractual requirements are met and provide the best possible service at each stage of the selling/buying process.
- Maintain and support the development of the client database for the Jewellery department.
- Promote the department through events such as lectures, and partner with the marketing team on innovative and effective marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Keep up to date with activities of other leading auction houses to ensure the Jewellery department maintains its competitive edge.
- Share your expertise and knowledge with junior members of the department and encourage their personal and professional growth and development.
- Participate in UK and international exhibition events and sales days and assist with catalogue production.
- Expertise in jewellery, including up to date market knowledge and trend awareness, and a passion for the jewellery sector.
- Solid background at an auction house or similar.
- Extensive network within the jewellery industry and established relationships with dealers and collectors.
- Established track record of achieving sales results.
- Excellent communicator and highly professional approach to working with clients.
- Tech-savvy and able to stay up to date with digital advancements.
- Fluency in multiple languages is highly desirable.
Along with a competitive salary package, you will join a highly collaborative team of proactive specialists in a creative and exciting environment. You will have the ability to work in an innovative company where you will have a “voice” and the freedom to fully develop your career.