Crewing Operator jobs involve working closely with the Crewing Manager in the hiring, training and management of crew. This is a fantastic career for anyone who has a real interest in working within the maritime transportation industry.
Working as a Crewing Operator will provide you with the opportunity to potentially travel and to enjoy an exciting and interesting work environment. Working as a Crew Operator can also be the first step to working towards a management position and therefore provide many career opportunities.
What does a Crewing Operator job description include?
- The Crewing Officer is also involved in the hiring, selection and training of new staff, which will include the devising of training plans as well as monitoring the plan for effectiveness.
- Data management is also usually an important task for the Crewing Operator and so it’s important that you have good organisation skills.
- You will be involved in the crew change planning for seafarers for perhaps one or more vessels. You will be required to operate in compliance with international maritime and clients standards.
- The Crewing Operator will also be involved in the monitoring of budgets and targets.
Key skills and qualifications of an Crewing Operator:
- You should be educated to degree level or hold an educational diploma from a recognised institute.
- Ideally, you will have had previous experience as a Crewing Operator, or have sufficient knowledge of seafarer training requirements and related experience of crewing operations.
- To be successful as a Crewing Operator you must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- It is also very important that you have excellent organisational skills and you have a keen eye for attention to detail.
- The Crewing Operator is responsible for the preparation and presentation of training data and so it is important that you have excellent written skills and are able to analyse and present information logically.
- You must be familiar with Microsoft Office and you may also be required to have knowledge of any industry standard software programs.
How to find more Crewing Operator jobs within the Operations, Technical and Ship Management Industry:
To find more Crewing Operator jobs or other jobs within this sector, or to place a vacancy, please contact us.