An experienced and skilled Demand Planner will forecast activities associated with customers and products, ensuring that the company plans effectively for any upcoming changes in trends or demands. The Demand Planner will create and maintain forecasting models for clients, incorporating area expertise and forecasting information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysis and other sources. Taking on the responsibility of monitoring and exporting on important changes in sale forecasts and budgeting, implementing company strategies where necessary.
Demand Planner Duties:
The role of a Demand Planner will devise, coordinate and communicate customer action plans, ensuring to implement changes if necessary, in order to prepare for any upcoming advances in the sector. As well as this responsibility, you can expect your duties to include the following:
- Devise and develop demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple timescales.
- Review and analyse historical sales trends and research demand drivers, and prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to identify significant variances in demand and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing and customer finance to understand what drives demand forecasts.
- Utilise a collaborative approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Customer Finance in order to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Maintain the company’s demand planning software, as this will be the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the supply-planning organisation in order to develop inventory strategies on existing items, new products and product phase-outs.
- Conduct monthly forecast maintenance in order to maintain up to date with upcoming trends.
Key skills and qualifications of a Demand Planner:
The following skills will be beneficial to a candidate looking to apply for this role:
- Two to three years of experience in a Demand Planning function is essential for this role.
- A BA/BS college degree or equivalent would be beneficial
- An APICS or other forecasting Certification is an added benefit.
- A demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods is essential for this role, with a strong understating of their financial and operational impacts.
- A strong knowledge of SAP/APO, Orale Demand Planning, or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Experience in Windows and Microsoft Office is essential.
Is a Demand Planner in your future?
If the above sounds like a position that you would be suitable for, then please contact us here.